Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The first day of the rest of my life


Ok, so I've started a blog. I've needed to start a journal for some time now, today seemed like as good as a day as ever. My older son, Cayden started Kindergarten today. He's been in preschool for the last 2 years, so the separation anxiety was not a factor today. He walked into the room, allowed me to take 1 picture and then promptly found one of his friends from last years' 4-K class, Zach. He did manage to wave goodbye to me at least. I then took Kieran, 3 1/2, to daycare and went to work. I did get a little teary eyed thinking of what this milestone means to our family. Wow, it does go fast. Four or five years ago when we were fighting through sleepless nights, night terrors, and horrible tantrums, I remember thinking how I wished for Cayden to be old enough to reason with. Well, now I have that. I do miss the "little boy" he was, but I am excited to see him grow and find out what he will grow into.
Different subject-as a scrapbook junkie, you'd think I would have had dozens of pix documenting our morning. NOPE! No film in the camera-BAD MOMMY! At least I had my camera phone, so this is the picture I am hoping to post here for the world to see.
No digital camera for me, so to put pix on this blog will take a bit of work, but I will prevail!

No comments: