Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday, Sept 28

What a beautiful autumn day it is outside! Very cool, breezy, crisp and sunny! This morning as I walked Kieran into daycare, the air definitely had that leafy fall smell. One morning last week smelled like that as well. I did hear on the weather channel that due to our insanely hot summer, the fall foliage wouldn't be so spectacular this year. Time will tell, I guess.
My mom drove over today to meet me for lunch at Pizza Hut. That was really nice. Today is an specially hard one on her and dad. Josh is going to be DF'd tonight. Another one bites the dust. I really don't know what to write about that, so I don't think I'll write anything. I thought that it'd be a nice distraction for her to come over for a while. She did thank me, so I'm glad I made the call this morning to invite her.
Tomorrow is my day off, so Kieran and I are going to be home most of the day I think to get some laundry done. I'd really like to spend time with him working on his letters. He is really starting to take an interest in his ABC's. Already he can make the letters K,I,M,O,P,H,T. Not bad for a 3 1/2 year old, huh? He'll sit with marker and paper, make his letters and then ask me what word spells. It's hard to explain that his letters don't actually spell a word, so I just sound out the letters and that seems to suffice. HA! I think with a consistent effort, he should be able to write his name by the time he turns 4 in January.
Daddy is working all week-end on a side job, so it'll be just me and the boys. Nana is coming over Sunday for the meeting to help out, and Papa is coming over later that afternoon to watch the boys until Jerod would get home, since I get to waitress at Arthurs on Sunday night. Yeah! Tip money!
That's my update for today...

No comments: