Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Won't the sun EVER shine?

I think I can count on one hand the number of sunny days we've had in the last month. Yuck. Today Jerod left for Oconomowoc to work the rest of the week. Won't be back til Friday aft. I'm already missing him something awful. I'm such a wuss. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, GIRL!
Kieran got to spend the day with Nana since he woke up through the night howling, crying and complaining that his ear hurt. It was so heartbreaking! As a parent you feel so helpless, trying to rack your brain for something you can do to just take away the pain. I gave him kid's ibuprofen, some garlic drops in his ear, and a lukewarm washcloth to press against his ear. I held him and rocked him until he calmed down. After he calmed down, it was probably only 3-4 minutes b/4 he fell back to sleep. Poor baby! He slept fine the rest of the night and was still sleeping when I left for work. He's been great for Nana all day, which I knew he would.
I'm listening to "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup. The lyrics are funny and so true. Interesting take on today's obsession with Hollywood and the stars found there. It's one of those songs that make you smile and nod your head, like "that is so true". Like that "Sunscreen Song" from the late 90's by Baz Luhrmann. You got to hear it, so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgUTApyGU4 Enjoy! Thanks to the friend who send this song to me! It was an awesome blast from the past!

No comments: