Friday, June 13, 2008

Our trip to the beach!





So in spite of a forecast calling for numerous T-storms and the like, the girls and I headed off to Cocoa Beach on the Friday of our trip. We were leaving to come home Sunday morning, so this was our one and only time to go. As it turned out, it was a perfect day to go. By the time we got there, the sun was peeking out from the clouds and by lunchtime it was downright blistering hot! The water was amazingly mild and we had a grand time splashing around.


Of course, we had to make a pit stop into Ron Jon's Surf shop even though none of us surf. Still a cool store to wander around in and pretend that Matthew McConahay (oh please forgive me Matthew for slaughtering the spelling of your last name, it's very late at night) may be strolling by any minute now. SIGH!!!...A girl has to have some unattainable dreams, huh?


We got back to Kissimmee and saw that it had rained a good 2 inches or so throughout the day. So good for us for getting the heck outta Dodge that day. It was a memorable day...


Saturday was spent lounging around the pool, eating up the leftover food and packing our stuff..or should I say CRAMMING our stuff back into our 1 bag we were allowed to bring. Thank goodness one of my carry-ons was a nice expandable bag to shove more stuff into.


Oh, did I mention that I remembered how much I HATE flying? Yep, it's a means to an end, but I won't be holding my breath with anticipation for the next time I get to fly the friendly skies.


No comments: