Monday, January 08, 2007

Welcome to the work week!

Good Monday to you all! We had a great Saturday. Jerod and I got to go to Madison with Eric and Melyssa to "oversee" them while they registered for their wedding at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. We had a fun time with them. It was great to get to spend time with Eric and get to know him better. He's going to be a good addition to the crazy Silvers' clan.

Sunday wasn't so great. From the get-go we were all on each other's nerves, the boys whining about everything and Jerod and I taking our frustrations out on each other. Ugh! I hate days like that. So I am glad to be at work today.

One purchase I made on Sat. was a Calvin & Hobbes book. All of the collections were on sale for $10!!! I should've bought another one, but I got 1. I was reading it before bed, enjoying the step back in time and laughing. I have a whole new perspective when I read it now that I am the mom to two "calvin-like" boys. Wow, so far, my boys haven't done anything even close to the crazy things Calvin does, but I can see that it will definitely be a possibility in the next 2 years. Hopefully I can just smile and shake my head when I have to deal with it.

Cayden has become a fan of Star Wars and wants to be Darth Vader all the time. A little disturbing, but I'm hopeful once he watches the older Star Wars movies, he'll turn to liking Luke and Han Solo better. Kieran has mastered (i mean this in the most lenient form) writing his name. I will take a picture of him doing it and post it here for you to see. I'm very proud of him, writing his name before he turns 4 I think is pretty amazing. He's pretty hooked on trying to write all sorts of words and letters. In fact last week he was writing stuff like B=N; X=P, N=O. Not sure where he learned these algebraic-like phrases, but he even knew that "=" means equals. Must've picked it up from daycare. Maybe I am getting my money's worth there after all.

Take care all of you! - Shan

No comments: