Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Indian Summer is GONE!

Well the word "snow" is officially in the forecast. YUCK! A freeze warning is in effect for tonight/tomorrow morning. Chad and Cindy left in the nick of time.

Last weekend we headed up to Richland Center for Centerfest. We stopped at Peck's Farm Market and let the boys play for a couple hours. My brother Shane, his wife Jessica and little Ava joined us there. The kids are so cute to watch playing together. Ava is half the size of Kieran, but she keeps right up with him. She even tackles the boys and rough-houses with them. She is a princess with a bent tiara and a rip in her ball gown! HA! After that we were off to Oakwood Fruit Farm for their awesome caramel apples. There I ran into an old friend from high school-Jackie Clary. I don't know her married name, but it was so good to see her again. Man, she hasn't changed a bit, at all! Then we headed to town and visited my grandma Burnham. She was so happy to see us. I hadn't seen her new apartment-it was alot smaller than I thought it would be. But she has 24/7 care if she needs it and other residents to visit with and lots of activities to take part in. In fact, that evening she was riding the bus downtown to watch the CenterFest nighttime parade. If she were in her own house, she wouldn't have been able to do that since she really isn't capable of driving anymore. It's sad to say, but she is pretty crippled up and wouldn't be able to see over the dash very easily anymore. I know it kills her, driving is a way of expressing independence, and to give that up would be hard to do. But it is for her own safety.

After a very interesting dinner at the Fish House, we headed downtown to find a place to sit for the parade. Jessica and I left together with the kids and Shane, Jerod and Jessica's sister and boyfriend were to follow. However, the keys got locked in Shane's SUV somehow and it took a while for the locksmith to get there. So Amanda and Luke hitched a ride with Mick and Danielle and found us. Our seats weren't very great, since I thought the parade started at 7:30 and it really started at 7:00. So half the county was already camped out in the choice spots by the time we got there. There was a 5 ft opening to the street directly in front of us, which was just enuf for the kids to squeeze into and score candy and watch the parade. I have to admit that this parade was pretty disappointing compared to last years'. Oh well, the kids had a blast and that is all that matters.

My mom and dad left for Door County last night for a short get-away. I hope that they are able to enjoy their time away from here. But when I say short, I mean really short, they will be back by Thursday night. So only 2 nights away. I guess that is all that they needed. I got to thinking-next March will be their 25th anniversary. We should do something for them. But what? Shane and I will have to brainstorm on that one. A party? An expense paid trip? We'll see.


I got some of my pictures back from our little going away party for the Genschaws. I've put the Grandkid picture here. These are all of the grandkids on my husband's side of the family except for his brother Kial's little boy-Issak who is 4 yrs old. So from the back we have Andrea, Noelle, Tricia, Myranda; Lydia, Summer (goofball!), Megan; Melyssa holding Micah, Breanna, Brittany; Tiffany holding Kieran, Derek, and Valerie holding Cayden. It's such a precious picture-probably the only time all of us will be together for a very long time.

Jerod had only one day of work this week. Thank goodness he has a side job to fill in for most of the rest of the week. Construction is slow right now, I guess. Lovely.

Well, that updates our life right now. Will post again later.

No comments: