Monday, March 03, 2008

We had to bite the bullet



So at the beginning of this year I made a wish list. One of the first things I mentioned was not having to lose our house due to Jerod not having work. Well, such is not to be. After a conversation with our bank, we've been advised to try to sell our house before foreclosure proceedings start at the end of May. So we met with a couple realtors last Friday with the goal of getting our house listed by the end of this week.

So now my husband has to work like a mad-man to get the upstairs re-rocked and finished. As I type he is up there knocking off the lathe and plaster and carting it out of the house via 5 gallon buckets. It is a huge mess. Sigh....But it has to be done in order to get the house sellable. In fact, there are quite a few smaller projects that will have to be completed prior to selling, just things that I'm quite happy to overlook in living here, but a potential buyer may take issue with. For example, the grout in both bathrooms needs to be touched up and we don't have the right color grout to redo it. So then we will have to try to scrub out the current grout in order to fix it with new grout. Yuck... A couple of light switches/outlets need to have the plates re-screwed on. That is not a big deal.

Now to try to find another place to live....that just makes my head hurt. To find an affordable 3 bdrm place to rent is like striking oil in your back yard-impossible. I can only hope that a job will crop up for Jerod and we can avoid all of this moving hassle. I pray all the time for it. Maybe if a few of you who read this,,,does anyone even read this besides my dad and mom?,,,,can pray for us too, something may come our way.

No comments: